This luscious smoothie is a quick, nutritious treat you can enjoy any time.
- 3 cups fresh, frozen, unsweetened OR canned fruit, drained
- 1-1/3 cups (3.2 oz. envelope) nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place fruit, dry milk, water, ice, sugar and vanilla in a blender; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
Editor's note: For a tropical drink, try a mixture of mango, papaya and pineapple to make up 3 cups fruit. Follow directions above.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- Confetti Frittata Recipe
- Creamy Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- Creamy Garlic Dip Recipe
- Zesty Potato Salad Recipe