Asian Chicken and Mushroom Wraps Recipes
1 / 2
The stir-fry veggies and mushrooms really add to the consistency and flavor of the wrap, top it with the sauce and this is sure to become a favorite in the lunch line-up.
Photo by GettyImages/rez-art
2 / 2
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add half the chicken; cook and stir until browned on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes; remove to a plate and set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken; remove to plate.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet; add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and all the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add vegetables; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are barely cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir in hoisin sauce and reserved chicken; heat for 1 minute.
- Spoon an equal amount of chicken and mushroom mixture on 1 side of each tortilla; roll to enclose filling. Cut rolled tortillas diagonally in halves; serve immediately. This recipe originally aired in the May 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Asian Noodle Soup Recipe
- Thai Style Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
- Pad Thai with Fresh Mushrooms and Shrimp Recipe
More from Capper's Farmer: