Grilled Southwestern Bratwurst Recipe
1 / 2
You can spice up the original bratwurst by grilling peppers and onions to throw on top of your sausage.
Photo by GettyImages/alisafarov
2 / 2
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 pound turkey bratwurst
- 5 dinner hoagie rolls
- Mustard OR salsa for garnish
- In a medium bowl, toss oil, onion rings and pepper rings together.
- Grill onions and peppers on an oiled rack for 3 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Transfer peppers and onions to bowl.
- Grill bratwurst for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and cooked through, or internal temperature reaches 170°F.This recipe originally aired in the August 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More grilling recipes:
- Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- Creamy Adobo Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Creamy Artichoke Bruschetta Recipe
- Grilled Greek Turkey Sausage with Cucumber Salsa Recipe
- Grilled Marinated Turkey Breast Tenderloins with Mango Salsa Recipe
- Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Turkey Breasts with Herbed Mustard Recipe
- Three Pepper Turkey Quesadillas Recipe
- Warm Gingered Chicken Salad with Crispy Greens Recipe