Here's a delightful warm-weather salad.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar OR white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 small bunch watercress, optional
- 4 ounces snow peas, optional
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned OR 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger and salt. Reserve 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture for grilling.
- Stir orange juice into remaining mayonnaise mixture; reserve for greens.
- Grill or broil chicken, brushing with reserved 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture, for 12 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce and watercress with reserved orange juice mixture.
- To serve, arrange sliced chicken over greens; top with snow peas and oranges.
This recipe originally aired in the August 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Creamy Adobo Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Creamy Artichoke Bruschetta Recipe
- Grilled Greek Turkey Sausage with Cucumber Salsa Recipe
- Grilled Marinated Turkey Breast Tenderloins with Mango Salsa Recipe
- Grilled Southwestern Bratwurst Recipe
- Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
- Grilled Turkey Breasts with Herbed Mustard Recipe
- Three Pepper Turkey Quesadillas Recipe
- Warm Gingered Chicken Salad with Crispy Greens Recipe