These flavorful, filling sandwiches are quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 1/4 cups chopped green, yellow and/or sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim OR low-fat milk
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons pizza seasoning
- 3 artisan bread rolls, halved
- In a 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium heat, heat oil until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Add pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk with seasoning until blended. Pour over vegetables. As egg mixture begins to set, gently draw an inverted pancake turner completely across bottom and sides of pan, forming large soft curds. Continue until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon 1/3 of the egg mixture onto half of each roll. Top with remaining roll half.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Salmon-Asparagus Biscuits Recipe
- Golden Corn Eggs in Tortilla Baskets Recipe
- Fiesta Grilled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Egg, Asparagus and Ham Wraps Recipe
- Caramel-Apple Shortcakes Recipe
- Bow-Tie Spinach Scramble Recipe
- Bistro Beef Sandwiches Recipe