Grilled chicken breasts get a kick from a quick, easy coating of Parmesan cheese and taco seasoning mix.
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices (1/2 oz. each) pepper jack OR Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 Pillsbury® frozen crusty French dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons chipotle OR regular mayonnaise, optional
- 4 leaves leaf lettuce
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Heat gas grill or coals. Mix Parmesan cheese and taco seasoning mix. Coat chicken with cheese mixture.
- When ready to grill, carefully oil grill rack. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once or twice, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170ºF). Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise; top each with half slice of cheese to melt.
- To heat dinner rolls, place rolls in foil on grill during last 6 to 7 minutes of cooking time.
- Spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of rolls. Top with lettuce leaf, cheese-topped chicken, salsa and top half of roll.
- To broil chicken, place on broiler pan; broil 4 to 6 inches from heat using grilling times above as a guide.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Salmon-Asparagus Biscuits Recipe
- Pepper and Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- Golden Corn Eggs in Tortilla Baskets Recipe
- Egg, Asparagus and Ham Wraps Recipe
- Caramel-Apple Shortcakes Recipe
- Bow-Tie Spinach Scramble Recipe
- Bistro Beef Sandwiches Recipe