This classic combination of apples and caramel comes together in a warm, old-fashioned dessert just for two.
- 2 Pillsbury® Oven Baked frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1 medium apple, peeled, sliced
- 1/4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake biscuits as directed on bag; place on a wire rack. Brush tops with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over biscuits.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat caramel topping over medium heat just until warm. Stir in apple; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apple is crisp-tender.
- Split warm biscuits; fill and top with apple mixture. Top with whipped topping.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Salmon-Asparagus Biscuits Recipe
- Pepper and Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- Golden Corn Eggs in Tortilla Baskets Recipe
- Fiesta Grilled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Egg, Asparagus and Ham Wraps Recipe
- Bow-Tie Spinach Scramble Recipe
- Bistro Beef Sandwiches Recipe