This is a unique, yet simple appetizer that your guests are sure to love.
- 2 Pillsbury® Oven Baked frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 can (6 oz.) skinless boneless pink OR red sockeye salmon, drained and flaked
- 4 thin slices tomato
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange frozen biscuits and asparagus on an ungreased cookie sheet. Drizzle oil over asparagus. Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until biscuits are deep golden brown and asparagus is crisp-tender.
- During last 10 minutes of baking, microwave butter in a small microwavable bowl on High for 20 to 30 seconds, or until melted and hot. Stir in mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice and dill weed.
- Spoon salmon into another small microwavable bowl; cover. Microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds, or until warm.
- Split warm biscuits; place halves, cut side up, on individual plates. Top each with tomato slice and hot asparagus. Arrange warm salmon on top of asparagus. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Pepper and Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- Golden Corn Eggs in Tortilla Baskets Recipe
- Fiesta Grilled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Egg, Asparagus and Ham Wraps Recipe
- Caramel-Apple Shortcakes Recipe
- Bow-Tie Spinach Scramble Recipe
- Bistro Beef Sandwiches Recipe