This mouth-watering beef sandwich is a fast, easy dinner solution that's sure to please.
- 4 Pillsbury® Oven Baked frozen crusty French dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon olive OR vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup thin bite-size strips red, yellow and/or green bell pepper
- 2 slices (3/4 oz. each) provolone cheese, quartered
- 4 thin slices (1 oz. each) deli roast beef
- Heat dinner rolls as directed on package. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together water, Worcestershire sauce, cornstarch and garlic salt; set aside.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cornstarch mixture; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- With a serrated knife, cut each roll in half crosswise. Place 2 cheese slice quarters on the bottom half of each roll. Top each with 1 slice roast beef and one-fourth of the vegetable mixture; cover with top halves of rolls.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Salmon-Asparagus Biscuits Recipe
- Pepper and Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- Golden Corn Eggs in Tortilla Baskets Recipe
- Fiesta Grilled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Egg, Asparagus and Ham Wraps Recipe
- Caramel-Apple Shortcakes Recipe
- Bow-Tie Spinach Scramble Recipe