For breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, you can please family or friends with these pretty wraps.
- 3 half pieces multi-grain uncrisp flat bread OR 3 (7-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 3 tablespoons garlic-and-herb-flavored cream cheese spread
- 3 ounces thin-sliced cooked lean ham
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch sections OR 1 package (9 oz.) frozen asparagus cuts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 3 eggs
- Spread each flat bread half with 1 tablespoon cream cheese. Top with ham slices. Set aside.
- Evenly coat a 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray. Add asparagus and water. Cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until whites and yolks are blended. Pour over asparagus in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently turn eggs and asparagus with a pancake turner or spatula, forming large, soft curds. Continue cooking until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup of the egg and asparagus mixture onto each flat bread half over ham. Roll up. Secure with wooden picks, if needed. Serve whole, cut diagonally into halves, or cut into pinwheels.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Salmon-Asparagus Biscuits Recipe
- Pepper and Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- Golden Corn Eggs in Tortilla Baskets Recipe
- Fiesta Grilled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Caramel-Apple Shortcakes Recipe
- Bow-Tie Spinach Scramble Recipe
- Bistro Beef Sandwiches Recipe