There's no need to rush to the store to put this colorful one-dish meal on the table.
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup bottled reduced-fat Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4-1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach (about 3 to 4 oz.)
- 6 ounces bow-tie OR spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 3 to 6 eggs
- 3 to 6 tablespoons skim milk
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 10-inch omelet pan or skillet, stir together peppers and 2 tablespoons dressing. Cover. Cook over medium heat until peppers are crisp-tender, about 1 to 3 minutes. Add spinach. Cover. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in pasta and remaining dressing.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk until blended. Pour into skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently turn eggs, vegetables and pasta with a pancake turner or spatula, forming large, soft curds. Cook until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
This recipe originally aired in the April 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Salmon-Asparagus Biscuits Recipe
- Pepper and Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- Golden Corn Eggs in Tortilla Baskets Recipe
- Fiesta Grilled Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- Egg, Asparagus and Ham Wraps Recipe
- Caramel-Apple Shortcakes Recipe
- Bistro Beef Sandwiches Recipe