This recipe originally aired in the November 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (2 cups)
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.; continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator.
More from Heart of the Home:
- Apple Mince Pie Recipe
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Prize Cookies Recipe
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Sweet Potato, Cheddar and Cider Gratin Recipe
- Turkey with Apricot-Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
- Almond Praline Cheesecake Recipe