This recipe originally aired in the November 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
- Place rack in lower half of oven; heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with flour and butter; turn into prepared crust.
- Spoon mincemeat evenly over apple mixture.
- Cover with top crust; cut slits near center. Seal and flute.
- Brush egg mixture over crust, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F; bake 25 minutes longer, or until golden.
- Cool. Garnish as desired.
More from this issue:
- Friendship Fudge Recipe
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Prize Cookies Recipe
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Sweet Potato, Cheddar and Cider Gratin Recipe
- Turkey with Apricot-Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
- Almond Praline Cheesecake Recipe