This recipe originally aired in the November 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
- 3 cups (18 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spread evenly into a wax paper-lined 8- or 9-inch-square pan. Chill for 2 hours, or until firm. Turn fudge onto a cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares. Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator.
More from this issue of Heart of the Home:
- Apple Mince Pie Recipe
- Friendship Fudge Recipe
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Prize Cookies Recipe
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Sweet Potato, Cheddar and Cider Gratin Recipe
- Turkey with Apricot-Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
- Almond Praline Cheesecake Recipe