This recipe originally aired in the November 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (18.5 oz.) yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) egg substitute
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Light whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, pumpkin, egg substitute, water, sour cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed just until moistened.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Top each piece with whipped topping just before serving and sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
More from Heart of the Home:
- Apple Mince Pie Recipe
- Friendship Fudge Recipe
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Prize Cookies Recipe
- Sweet Potato, Cheddar and Cider Gratin Recipe
- Turkey with Apricot-Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
- Almond Praline Cheesecake Recipe