Festive Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Vanilla Butter Glaze (recipe follows)
Vanilla Butter Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and molasses.
- Mix in egg. Add flour mixture alternately with water, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in chips. Pour into a 10-cup fluted tube pan that has been sprayed with nonstick baking spray and sprinkled with flour.
- Bake at 350°F. for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Vanilla Butter Glaze:In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until well-blended and smooth. Let stand for 5 minutes. Spoon over completely cooled cake. Let stand until set.
More from this issue:
- Cinnamon-Caramel Swirl Bars Recipe
- Eggnog Delights Recipe
- Gingerbread People Recipe
- Luscious Layer Bars Recipe
- Raspberry Jam Strips Recipe
- Snickerdoodles Recipe