Prize Cookies Recipe
1 / 2
Mix in your homemade or packaged mincemeat with your cookie base and bake.
Photo by GettyImages/rezkrr
2 / 2
6-1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (9 oz.) condensed mincemeat, crumbled
- Quick Frosting (recipe follows)
- Mincemeat Recipe
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Frost with Quick Frosting.
- In a small bowl, beat all ingredients until well-blended.
More from this issue of Heart of the Home:
- Apple Mince Pie Recipe
- Friendship Fudge Recipe
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Sweet Potato, Cheddar and Cider Gratin Recipe
- Turkey with Apricot-Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
- Almond Praline Cheesecake Recipe
More Cookie Recipes: