In just minutes, you can prepare this hearty dish. These waffles are the epitome of autumn comfort food.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound maple-flavored sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 can (20 oz.) cinnamon apple fruit filling
- Preheat waffle iron; grease with vegetable oil or shortening.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pancake mix, milk, egg, vegetable oil and sausage, stirring until well-blended. For each waffle, pour 1/2 cup of batter onto the center of the waffle iron; close lid.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Top with fruit filling.
This recipe originally ran in the September 2005 edition of Heart of the Home.
More recipes from this issue:
- Triple Berry Oatmeal Scones
- Berry Brunch Strata
- Grilled Salmon with Blackberry-Mustard Glaze
- Blueberry Rice Chicken Salad
- Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- Breakfast Casserole
- Quick Breakfast Skillet
- Sausage Quiche
More waffle recipes: