Throw the ingredients together in a skillet for a quick meal. You can serve this skillet at breakfast or dinner for a welcome change of pace.
This recipe originally ran in the September 2005 edition of Heart of the Home.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pouch frozen sausage and vegetable mixture, such as Jimmy Dean Breakfast Skillets (any variety)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream, optional
- 6 flour tortillas, optional
- Beat eggs in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet with oil over medium heat; pour in pouch contents. Heat, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Push mixture to one side of skillet; pour beaten eggs into other side. Scramble eggs until cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir scrambled eggs and pouch mixture together until evenly blended; remove from heat.
- Divide mixture evenly among 6 plates. Top each portion with cheese, salsa and sour cream. Serve with warmed flour tortillas, if desired.
More recipes from this issue:
- Triple Berry Oatmeal Scones
- Berry Brunch Strata
- Grilled Salmon with Blackberry-Mustard Glaze
- Blueberry Rice Chicken Salad
- Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- Breakfast Casserole
- Maple Sausage Waffles with Cinnamon Apples
- Sausage Quiche