Cheese, sausage, and vegetables make this quiche great for any time of day. If you plan ahead, you can cook and crumble the sausage ahead of time for quicker cooking.
This recipe originally ran in the September 2005 edition of Heart of the Home.
- 1 pound sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pie crust mix
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow sausage to cool for 5 minutes after cooking.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs with sausage and remaining ingredients; stir to blend well. Transfer to a lightly greased 9-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish; bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden-brown. Cool in baking dish for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
More recipes from this issue:
- Triple Berry Oatmeal Scones
- Berry Brunch Strata
- Grilled Salmon with Blackberry-Mustard Glaze
- Blueberry Rice Chicken Salad
- Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- Breakfast Casserole
- Maple Sausage Waffles with Cinnamon Apples
- Quick Breakfast Skillet
- Sausage Quiche