Make this dish for a potluck or large gathering, this dish goes well with many things.
- 1 can (26 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bags (16 oz. each) frozen vegetable combination (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots), thawed in microwave on high for about 5 minutes
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2-2/3 cups French fried onions, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the soup, sour cream and pepper. Stir in vegetable combination. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese; mix well. Gently stir in half of the fried onions, mixing well.
- Spoon mixture into a shallow, 3-quart baking dish. Cover and bake for 40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and fried onions over the top. Return to oven, uncovered, for an additional 5 minutes.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Basil & Garlic Potatoes Recipe
- Broccoli ’n’ Cheese Casserole Recipe
- Broth Simmered Rice Recipe
- Creamy Green Beans Recipe
- Heavenly Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Goat Cheese Recipe
- Swiss Vegetable Bake Recipe
- Three-Cheese Pasta Bake Recipe