Using broth instead of water makes for a simple and flavorful rice dish.
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, heat broth to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Editor’s Note: To make Florentine Simmered Rice, add 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning to broth. Stir in 1 cup chopped spinach with rice. Stir in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese just before serving. Serve with additional cheese.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Basil & Garlic Potatoes Recipe
- Broccoli ’n’ Cheese Casserole Recipe
- Creamy Green Beans Recipe
- Heavenly Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Goat Cheese Recipe
- Squash Casserole Recipe
- Swiss Vegetable Bake Recipe
- Three-Cheese Pasta Bake Recipe