This sweet potato side dish goes perfectly with ham or turkey.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 can (40 oz.) cut sweet potatoes in heavy syrup, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine potatoes, cinnamon and ginger in a 3-quart bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until potatoes are fluffy and almost smooth. Stir in broth and beat until well-mixed.
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle marshmallows over the top and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are hot and marshmallows are golden brown.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Basil & Garlic Potatoes Recipe
- Broccoli ’n’ Cheese Casserole Recipe
- Broth Simmered Rice Recipe
- Creamy Green Beans Recipe
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Goat Cheese Recipe
- Squash Casserole Recipe
- Swiss Vegetable Bake Recipe
- Three-Cheese Pasta Bake Recipe