A tangy and tasty dish that’s perfect for using spring’s first stalks of asparagus.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon lemon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray a 17-by-11-inch roasting pan or shallow baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Stir asparagus and oil in prepared pan. Season with pepper; add broth.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until asparagus is fork-tender, stirring once. Top with cheese, lemon peel and lemon juice.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Basil & Garlic Potatoes Recipe
- Broccoli ’n’ Cheese Casserole Recipe
- Broth Simmered Rice Recipe
- Creamy Green Beans Recipe
- Heavenly Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Squash Casserole Recipe
- Swiss Vegetable Bake Recipe
- Three-Cheese Pasta Bake Recipe