It takes only about an hour to whip together and bake this delicious yellow squash dish.
- 3 cups cornbread stuffing
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 small yellow squash, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 small zucchini, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine stuffing and butter. Take out 1/2 cup stuffing mixture and set aside for topping. Spoon remaining stuffing mixture into a shallow, 11-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, squash, zucchini, carrot and cheese. Spread vegetable mixture over stuffing mixture in dish.
- Sprinkle top with reserved stuffing mixture. Bake for 40 minutes, or until casserole is hot and topping is golden.
This recipe originally aired in the May 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Basil & Garlic Potatoes Recipe
- Broccoli ’n’ Cheese Casserole Recipe
- Broth Simmered Rice Recipe
- Creamy Green Beans Recipe
- Heavenly Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Goat Cheese Recipe
- Squash Casserole Recipe
- Swiss Vegetable Bake Recipe
- Three-Cheese Pasta Bake Recipe