Apple Mince Pie Recipe
1 / 2
This classic pie is the perfect addition to a holiday feast, especially if eaten while warm and topped with a scoop of ice cream.
Photo by GettyImages/bhofack2
2 / 2
one 9-inch pie
- Place rack in lower half of oven; heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with flour and butter; turn into prepared crust.
- Spoon mincemeat evenly over apple mixture.
- Cover with top crust; cut slits near center. Seal and flute.
- Brush egg mixture over crust, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F; bake 25 minutes longer, or until golden.
- Cool. Garnish as desired.
More from this issue:
- Friendship Fudge Recipe
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Prize Cookies Recipe
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Sweet Potato, Cheddar and Cider Gratin Recipe
- Turkey with Apricot-Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
- Almond Praline Cheesecake Recipe
More Pie Recipes:
- Old-Fashioned Peach Pie Recipe
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Meringue Pie Recipe With Malt