Coconut Macaroons Recipe
1 / 2
Make these cookies into Macaroon Kisses by adding a chocolate kiss to the cookies when they are fresh from the oven.
Photo by GettyImages/1MoreCreative
2 / 2
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 package (14 oz.) flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with foil; grease and flour foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, extracts and coconut; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets; slightly flatten each mound with a spoon.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets (macaroons will stick if allowed to cool); cool on wire racks.
- Store, loosely covered, at room temperature. Yields about 4 dozen.To make Macaroon Kisses: Prepare and bake as above.Press solid milk chocolate candy piece in center of each macaroon immediately after baking.These recipes are from the January 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
Recipes from this issue:
- White Chocolate Glaze with Toasted Coconut and Pecans Recipe
- Veggie Slaw Recipe
- Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Quick Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- Quick Mixed Berry Sauce Recipe
- Mixed Fruit Salsa Recipe
- Magic Lemon Pie Recipe
- Confetti Cornbread Recipe
- Cincinnati-Style Turkey Chili Recipe
- Celebration Lime Cheesecake Bars Recipe
More cookie recipes: