Vegetarian Chili Recipe
1 / 2
Enjoy the rich texture of this chili over some warm cornbread on a chilly winter day with friends, even the meat eaters.
Photo by GettyImages/modesigns58
2 / 2
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) chopped tomatoes
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 small celery root, peeled and diced
- 1 bag (1 lb.) frozen corn
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) dark red kidney beans
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Add onion, carrots and garlic; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes, butternut squash and celery root; bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chili has thickened.These recipes are from the January 2006 issue of Heart of the Home.
Recipes from this issue:
- White Chocolate Glaze with Toasted Coconut and Pecans Recipe
- Veggie Slaw Recipe
- Quick Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- Quick Mixed Berry Sauce Recipe
- Mixed Fruit Salsa Recipe
- Magic Lemon Pie Recipe
- Confetti Cornbread Recipe
- Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Cincinnati-Style Turkey Chili Recipe
- Celebration Lime Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Other Vegetarian Recipes: